Sunday, November 16, 2008

GFCF Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies are the best I have ever made. I have searched for a soft cookie that will keep for a few days and has some nutrition in it. Note that not all almond flours are equal. Honeyville's is very fine and makes a great GF flour that is full of protein and fiber, some other brands I have tried give a grainy texture to the final product. I will be posting a muffin recipe also made with almond flour shortly.

2 1/4 c. Honeyville Grain blanched almond flour
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 c. grapeseed oil
1 T. vanilla
1 egg

1 c. chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients, in a seperate bowl thoroughly mix wet ingredients. Combine the two mixtures and add 1 c. chocolate chips (check these to make sure they are GF and CF). Drop by teaspoon onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes or until barely golden. Cool and remove from cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I can't wait to try these! I just broke down and bought some Almond Flour!! Thank you!