Monday, October 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning in the Fall


It is one of the most beautiful Fall seasons here in Utah I have ever seen. The mountains above me seem to be alive with changing colors. I know most people clean out in the Spring but.........I am known for being unconventional. I read an article in Real Simple magazine in which the author tried to go on a "spending fast" for a week. I can no longer get the door shut on my pantry and it seems my cabinets are overflowing with gluten free items I picked up over the last year and have never made. So I am going to attempt a "food shopping fast" for a week, and see if my pantry door will shut again after this "Fall cleaning".

Items I have include chebe mixes, sugar cookie dough, sundried tomato pesto, 4 different salad dressings, lasagna noodles, rice noodles, sushi rice, seaweed wrappers, gf crackers, cereal, cake mixes, muffin mixes, brownie mixes, a never used ice cream maker, coconut milk (to make the ice cream), polenta, arepa flour and the list goes on .

Today I tried gf flour tortillas with chebe mix and a tortilla press that I had never used. They turned out really good and were relatively quick and easy. I like corn tortillas and I prefer not to use so much starch (chebe mix is mostly tapioca starch) in my diet but they worked great for tortillas or wraps. I will try them again, not everyday, but for a treat.







No comments: