2 Tbsps. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1/2 c. chopped carrot
1/4 c. chopped green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
4 c. water
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
2 c. beef broth or 2 c. water and 4 beef bullion cubes
1 lb hamburger
1/3 c. crushed gf crackers or breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, mashed
salt and pepper
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. basil
2-3 c. finely chopped spinach leaves
1 c. gf pasta (you can break up spaghetti or use any shape of pasta)
1. Saute onion, carrot, green pepper and 2 chopped garlic cloves in olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile combine hamburger, egg, cracker or bread crumbs, mashed garlic and salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands (I wear latex gloves). Form meat into 1 inch meatballs and drop in boiling soup.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes once all the meatballs are in.
5. Add seasonings, spinach, and pasta.
6. Simmer until pasta is done.
7. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.