Friday, June 13, 2008

GFCF Quiche





Gluten Free Casein Free Quiche

I was introduced a few years ago to quiche, my daughter was working at a deli and she would bring home whatever was left for the day. It has become one of my favorite dishes, appropriate for any meal. It can be served warm, cold, or at room temperature and it is a great way to use up leftover veggies!
Basic Quiche
1 gf pie crust, uncooked (here is my favorite)
5 eggs
3/4 c. rice or hemp milk
2 T. sweet rice flour
dash nutmeg
salt and pepper

Today I added chopped spinach, red onion, and some sun dried tomatoes. This part is when you turn up your creativity (or just look in your refrigerator) and use what you have. You want about 1 cup of added ingredients.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In prepared crust evenly arrange added ingredients. Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, nutmeg and salt and pepper till mixture is smooth. Pour into crust and over ingredients. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.



Some quiche's I have made in the past are:

ham and swiss
green chili and cheddar with jalepeno
mushroom and asparagus
Bacon and green pepper







No comments: