Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Truly Amazing Gluten Free Potato Bread



This recipe really suprised me. It has a really good texture and the potato adds a great flavor. I just finished baking the loaf and I can't wait to have toast in the morning for breakfast.
The recipe comes from Sandra J. Leonard, I found it by browsing on the internet. Unfortunately I can't find any more information on Sandra. If you know anything about her please contact me, I would like to try some more of her recipes.
Note added 1/3/07: This is not a bread that lasts, freeze what you are not going to eat in the next few days.

Follow this link for the recipe:


I used Vance's Dari free instead of the dry milk. I also used a bread slicing guide and electric knife to slice the loaf. This is a trick I learned from a friend of mine who used to have a bread baking business in her home. Here is a picture of the bread slicing guide, it seems every time I turn around there is another gadget to buy but I am glad I invested in this one. The slices come out thin and even, just like store bought bread.


No comments: