Sunday, March 9, 2008

OOOHHH LAAAA LAAAA Lemon Bars!


This recipe came from Melanie and Liz's blog, Kill the Gluten. I am "adopting" them as part of a blog adoption event at Seamaiden's blog, Book of Yum.

What I love about Kill the Gluten is the family friendly cooking style they have. I struggle to balance nutrition, cost, allergies, and time when I am cooking for my family. Some days I have 10 minutes to get dinner on the table and it can be a real miracle when it happens without spending too much and sacrificing nutrition. Although this particular recipe takes a little time, Kill the Gluten is loaded with fast and easy main dishes. Thanks to Melanie and Liz for posting their recipes and sharing with everyone!

These lemon bars are one of the best GF desserts I have had! I cannot tell you how lemonny good they are. You will just have to bake them and find out for yourself!


Gluten Free Lemon Bars

Shortbread crust:
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine

Lemony curd filling:

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 Tbsp rice flour
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp lemon peel
powdered sugar

Cut butter into the dry crust ingredients, until you have a something similar to cookie dough. Pat into bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 17-19 minutes. Let cool.Beat eggs. Add sugar, rice flour, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Whisk until smooth. Pour over crust and bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until filling is set. Dust with powdered sugar.

No comments: