Saturday, January 5, 2008

Everyday Waffle and Pancake Mix GFCF


This is my first official recipe that I created! It is more like a whole wheat mix than a white one, it fills you up and tastes great! All of my kids like these, even the ones who are not on a restricted diet. This particular morning the snow was falling and we had no where to go so we made fresh blackberry syrup to go with them. Please leave your comments!


Everyday Waffle and Pancake Mix GFCF

Base Mix:
1 c. potato starch
1 c. sorghum flour
½ c. tapioca flour
½ c. corn flour or masa
¼ c. sugar
1 T. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. xanthan gum

Combine thoroughly and store in an airtight container. For waffles or pancakes combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. The waffle mix should be thicker than the pancake mix.

For pancakes:
1 c. base mix
1 egg
1 T. ground flax seed
2 T. olive oil
1 c. rice, almond, or cow's milk plus more if needed

For Waffles:
1 c. base mix
1 egg
1 T. ground flax seed
2 T. oil
3/4 c. rice, almond, or cow's milk plus more if needed

If you are interested in making an even larger amount of base mix click here.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I LOVE these!!! I'm eating waffles from this recipe right now, for the second time, and they are awesome. I love how easy it is to make up the mix and then whip up a batch whenever you need a quick breakfast, which is more often than not. I'm getting ready to head out of state to visit family and am going to bring the mix along so I can show them the joy's of gf cooking!

HealBalanceLive said...

Marie, thanks for the comment, sometimes I wonder if anyone still reads this blog. These are great and easy. Happy GF cooking!